Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 4 of the Homebuild!

Anysa McShane
Governor Simcoe

They've changed my life more than I could ever change theirs'.  I am going to miss this!

Evan Elliott
E.L. Crossley

Wishing there were more days to build.  I feel like I need to be even more sore.

Karen Ngo
Westlane

Through our aches and pains, we've changed the lives of a family, through their love and laughter.  They've changed mine more than I have ever managed.  This will always be a cherished memory in my heart.

Liz Frechette
Grimsby Secondary School

Today was our last build day and it was wonderful!  We got A LOT done and also got to learn and experience a little more about the Vietnamese culture.  I loved it !

Joelle Schonberg
Stamford Collegiate

Started the day sitting on a table making springrolls with Vietnamese ladies and ended it with mixing concrete.  I am so glad this is how I spent my summer.

Lauren Beaudoin
Welland Centennial

Hard work pays off!! Here love is always in the air and it feels like you are part of the family with everyone you meet.

Josh Durling
Eden

I had an amazing time cooking and playing cards with the team and local people.

Simone Hummel
Sir Winston Churchill

Only in Vietnam are aches and pains so rewarding.

Kevin Koudys
South Lincoln

Even though the days are numbered,
And we as a team have become one,
What an experience it has been,
Yet the work will never be done.

2 comments:

  1. Short and sweet comments. We think you are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great that if in the new school year, you could all tour around together to different schools in the DSBN to share your stories and encourage other youths to take part in this wonderful experience. I am sure that there are many kids unaware of the Habitat for Humanity Home Build within their school system. Congratulations to all of you for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete