Friday, July 29, 2011

Anysa, Simone, Karen

Anysa McShane Governor Simcoe
Hey all!

Today is the day. We have said goodbye to our family and all the local community people. We have grown to have a strong bond and the goodbyes were tear filled and heart warming. Maybe one day our distant paths may cross and we will meet again. We have met such kind and caring people. The locals fed us every day, they gave us knowledge and wisdom. I will forever be grateful because these people have changed my life. I love all of them. Wish we could stay longer and finish the home. One day I hope to come back to Vietnam. It has definitely been the most rewarding and amazing trip of my life. I will never ever forget it!

Thank you to the DSBNi leaders for choosing me for this adventure of a lifetime. I can't thank you enough. Thank you also to all the friends and family who have supported me through this whole journey. If it wasn't for you, none of this would be possible. I am FOREVER grateful! You have all helped shape my life.

Love you all so much and miss you! And remember, everything is in God's hands.

Love Anysa xo


Simone Hummel
Sir Winston Churchill

The goodbye ceremonies have been our hardest challenge yet. Trying to say goodbye to this family brought on waterfalls of tears. The never-ending care and laughter from the Vietnamese people was shown to me throughout the week and has made a lasting impression. The family showed us enormous gratitude, but I feel like they have given me more in return. This trip changed me from the inside out and even though this will be the hardest goodbye, I know that we will always be in each others' thoughts. If I am given another opportunity, I will be back in Vietnam in a heartbeat. Grateful for the love they have shown me, I thank Vietnam for every moment.

Be back soon, Sim.


Karen Ngo
Westlane

Xin chao,

Linh Chi chua ve nha, ma da bat dau thay nho Viet Nam rat nhieu.
Khi Linh Chi ve Viet Nam, Linh Chi se den tham My Tho lan nua.
Linh Chi chuc cac ban duoc nhieu suc khoe.
Cam on da cham soc cho Linh Chi nhieu lam.
Gap lai som!

Thuong nhieu lam,
Nam Linh Chi

Hi everyone,
These ten days are all filled with happy memories. My picture of Vietnam has changed and I have changed. These ten days, I learned a lot about life - - how to go about solving my problems and to appreciate what I have. These ten days, I have grown to love and have another Vietnamese family. These ten days will last me a lifetime. My heart lies in Vietnam. I will be back home soon. Through our trip I discovered the meaning of "Hanh Phuc" and will share it with everyone. I wish everyone will experience the same sense of happiness.Thank you for all the support and the opportunity. Thank you for the generosity and love. Cam on!
Love,
Ngo Thi Linh Chi
(Karen Ngo)

3 comments:

  1. Your blogs were beautifully written. You make us feel what you're feeling by the words you write. Have a great flight home! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given us wonderful days -thank you
    for your beautiful stories. ..about Vietnam.
    It changed my perspectives to a more
    positive tune- and it is a moment I hold on
    and on and on- it is a wonderful experience, to put it that way- deeply felt. Thank you EVERYONE for making this possible. You know who you ARE. DSBNi, as a teenager, would say, YOU ROCK. It is simply THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for coming to southeast asia, vietnam in particular. your (the whole group)blogs are just so inspiring to read. i can't wait for the photos and videos. will you be compiling some essays about this trip? it would be nice that you do. i'll be one of the first to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete