Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Liz Frechette
Grimsby Secondary School


Hey everyone 1! Today was our third build day and it was the hardest so far. The main job I did today was shovel sand and mix mortar. We got a lot done and it's so satisfying! Tomorrow is our last build day, which kind of upset me because this amazing trip is almost over. But it is also makes me happy because this family will soon have a wonderful home to live in. I'm excited to see the final results of this house. I know its going to be great. Our blood, sweat and tears will have payed off! But now I'm exhausted and I NEED sleep.

I love and miss everyone back home. Just 3 more days till I see you!
xoxo
Liz


Joelle Schonberg
Stamford Collegiate

Having us all reflect on our day it's amazing to hear, and see all the impacts being made. It's shown me just how important what we're doing is. Sure we could have sent the money to build a home from Canada, but it wouldn't mean anything close to what we've all experienced here.


Working alongside locals and the families; seeing what they have to teach us is what really matters. We've had a lot of fun, worked hard and got to see first hand what we are doing for our family. We are all excited to finish our build but cannot believe it's ending so quickly.

See you all soon!
Joelle


Lauren Beaudoin
Welland Centennial


Mot, hai, ba ! Lets began :) Today was a great day, its been the hardest day so far! We accomplished so much. We worked our sweaty butts off, haha. But we almost got the whole cement floor done. Tomorrow we should have that finished which is an amazing feeling because the families never had a floor before, and well back home we take everything for granted. Here they take such good care of everything so they can reuse things, rather then throw it away,as we all do back home. I know when I get home I will be a changed lady :) I will not only take better care of things I own now, but for new things in the future. I also would love to do something else just like this again. I'm having a blast that's for sure :)

Not only do we have tons of fun on the build site, but we play and joke around with each other on lunch breaks and here at the hotel. Like our battle with the elevator, that's been going on for a couple days now. For instance, today I ran up the stairs, pushed the button on each floor to make sure that Tyler stopped on every floor on his way to his room. Tonight, we ate toficken at a vegetarian restaurant for dinner and everything looked like meat, but we all knew nothing really was. We ate it anyways!

Lots more stories to come when I get home!
Love you all so much. xox
Miss you babe

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see that there is time to interact with the locals and learn some of the social activities they take part in. All of you sound like you've built lasting friendships as a group and amongst yourselves. Hopefully the friendships will last a lifetime. Counting down the days until you all return to Canada. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so you know what floor looks like then Lauren. You need to find yours when you get home ;-)

    My cubical at work is covered with your pictures to show everyone the awesome work your group is doing.

    We all miss you but I don't think I'll be able to save you a piece of John's birthday cake. I'll make a cake just for you, lol!

    ReplyDelete